Android is a highly customizable platform which allows a user to tweak many features. Some of you wish to set certain websites as your homepage. You should know that Google is the default homepage for most browsers.
Every browser comes with its search or homepage. Lately, browsers started to set search engines as their homepages. Due to this reason, there isn’t an option to change the default homepage, but anyhow you can customize your search engine.
Fortunately, there is one default android browser which allows the user to change the default homepage.
In the default browser, you need to do the following:
- Open the browser and navigate to settings from the options menu.
- From the settings menu, find the homepage option.
- You can enter any website you want to be set as the homepage.
If your phone doesn’t have any default browser and uses chrome as the default browser, these steps will guide you to change the search engine. This method works similar to most popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox and opera. Note that these browsers have no option to set any other website than the search engines. The search engines available are bing, yahoo search, etc.
Steps to be followed:
- Open the browser and navigate to settings by clicking the three dots from the top right corner.
- Open the settings option from the menu.
Under ‘basics’ select the search engine and choose whichever search engine you want to set as default.